At Bon Trade Intl., it is our mission to consistently provide service that is of the highest quality possible. We adhere strongly to corporate policies that enable us to do so. If you are considering our services, or have already enlisted them, please review our policies here. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
General Cargo Policies
Cargo receiving hours are 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
All cargo tendered for export must comply with the following requirements:
- All cargo must be properly packed for export. Bon Trade Intl. and/or its agent(s) disavow responsibility for any cargo sustaining damage due to insufficiently protective packaging*.
- The receiver of a cargo order at the destination in question must be properly identified as the rightful receiver of said cargo*.
- All cargo must be accompanied by an invoice/bill of sale. This bill must specify the value for customs-clearance overseas; determination of value for transportation; and any applicable export reporting requirements as set forth by U.S regulations*.
- Any labelling and/or packing that is deemed necessary by Bon Trade Intl on receipt of cargo will pertain to the account of the consignee in question.
* These requirements are the responsibility of the client in question. In the event that Bon Trade Intl. must conduct additional administration to correct a deficiency, we reserve the right to add service fees to the cargo order in question. We will collect this additional payment from the consignee. If the consignee does not make themselves available to pay, it will be claimed from the shipper instead.
N.B: Complying with these requirements will prevent delays and expedite the process of shipping to the desired destination.
N.B.B: Shipping delays due to missing documentation will not be the responsibility of Bon Trade Intl. Corp.
Any Cargo tendered to our warehouse will be processed as quickly as possible and shipped in the next possible container. The sorting and grouping of cargo to ship in the same container will be the responsibility of the shipper and/or the consignee.
All cargo tendered for shipping is intended for export processing and shipping. Cargo requested to be removed from this process for any reason by any applicable party will incur In&Out charges. These charges entail a minimum of $15.00 per removal of cargo and either $0.25 per cubic foot in dock receipts, or $5.00 in total, whichever is greater. Any normal cargo charges for the order in question must also be cancelled prior to the release of the cargo.
Note: Bon Trade’s facilities are optimized for the shipping or container-loading of customer orders. Therefore, we do not operate re-mailing or storage services. Individuals or companies seeking these services are encouraged to engage companies that specialize in these services. These are our policies regarding long-term storage, packaging and legislation-based queries:
- Cargo remaining in our warehouse for more than three (3) weeks will incur storage charges.
- Bon Trade Intl. Corp. strives to observe and obey all U.S. laws that concern the transport of cargo. Any customer that is found to violate these laws, or that exhibit shipping practices contrary to them, may be refused service.
- Bon Trade Intl. does not typically provide packing services. However, crating services can be subcontracted and are quoted on an individual basis.
- Any cargo left unclaimed in our warehouse for more than six (6) months will be considered abandoned and will be disposed of in any way that Bon Trade Intl. management sees fit.
- Customers with cargo deliveries exceeding two (2) pallets in size are advised to make and keep a delivery appointment. The failure to do so may result in delays and/or refusal to receive cargo until a delivery appointment is completed. Any expenses associated with these delays are the responsibility of the shipper/exporter or consignee in question.
Due to physical limitations at the Bon Trade Intl. warehouse, we must set the following delivery requirements:
- All cargo must be delivered at dock height; due to the lack of ramping facilities, it is not possible to unload cargo at street-level.
- The warehouse entry limit is 105”; cargo that exceeds this limit in width cannot be received.
- The height limit of a regular high-cube container is 99”; cargo exceeding this height must be delivered directly to the port of export for shipping in units.
- The typical benchmark for shipment weights received and shipped via our warehouse is 4,000 Lbs. Cargo heavier than this may present challenges that do not allow us to process it normally. There are possible exceptions to this rule for trailers and other equipment on wheels. However, these are subject to width and height limitations of 89” and 99” respectively.
Note: If your cargo is affected by these limits, please consult our offices prior to its attempted delivery.
Vehicle Handling Policies
- Vehicles that can be loaded into an Ocean Export container can be delivered directly to Bon Trade Intl. for shipping. Any vehicles that cannot be loaded in a container, due to size or weight limitations, must be delivered directly to the port of export. If this is not possible, more specific arrangements need to be made for pickup and/or delivery to the port of export.
- Customers requiring vehicular shipping are also advised to make and keep a delivery appointment. Vehicles will not be received without one!
- Salvage vehicles that do not roll and brake, or cannot otherwise be moved without mechanical assistance, may require the use of a high-capacity lift truck. Such vehicles may be redirected to an alternate delivery address; this step needs to be arranged in advance. Additional charges for this service may apply.
- Vehicle pickup in the contiguous 48 states of the U.S.A. can be arranged with Bon Trade Intl. by emailing a request for a rate schedule. However, a minimum of five (5) working days* (Monday to Friday) must be allowed for each pickup.
Note 1. Vehicles located in Dade and Broward counties; near Port Everglades and south of Cutler Ridge are considered local and can be picked up without incurring added local charges.
Note 2. A deduction of $75.00 in handling charges is applied to vehicles delivered by first- or third-party shipment directly to the port of export.
- A letter of authorization (LOA; for organizations) or power of attorney (POA; for individuals) pertaining to the vehicle(s) to be shipped must be provided to Bon Trade Intl. with every vehicular export order. These forms are available in the “Forms” section of this website.
Note: Customers with vehicles received without the proper documentation may incur shipping delays. All applicable documents must be received within five (5) working days, or storage charges may be incurred. Any delays due to improper documentation will not be the responsibility of Bon Trade Intl.
- Due to United States Customs Regulations, all vehicles must be loaded with less than ¼ of a tank of fuel. Bon Trade Intl. will apply a draining fee of $25.00 for each vehicle containing fuel that exceeds this requirement, and empty the tank of the vehicle in question prior to loading.
- Customers will incur a $ 50.00 fee for each vehicle that must be released from the export process after delivery to Bon Trade Intl. Corp. In addition, customers with vehicles that have already been delivered to the port (in a container or otherwise) will also be liable for additional charges if this vehicle is removed from the process without shipping for five (5) days. See the terms and conditions pertaining to the pick-up request form.
- Upon requesting a vehicle pickup, the customer agrees to the terms and conditions set forth on our rate schedule page. You also agree to pay all charges associated with the transport and handling of the vehicle. Note: This bill must be paid in full upon requesting pick-up from Bon Trade Intl.
- If the vehicle is not released by the supplier at time of pickup due to any irregularities related to the buyer’s account, the owner of the vehicle is liable for any expenses associated with this failed pick-up.
- In the event that the condition of the vehicle necessitates additional handling (use of a flat-bed truck, etc.) all relevant expenses incurred will be added to the total charged to the customer without prior consultation of the vehicle owner. As expenses associated with these situations are unavoidable, and consulting the buyer almost inevitably increases delays, this measure is in place to avoid further expenses (e.g. storage fees) for the customer.
*This is an estimate and may be affected by factors such as weather conditions. Please make sure to allow enough time for vehicle pickup in order to avoid incurring expenses such as charges for storage prior to pick-up; Bon Trade will not accept any responsibility for them.