January 2016 update.
Updated April 24, 2021
This blog post serves to clarify the terms of container loaded vehicles.
We have studied the cargo that we are requested to load with vehicles. It has become evident that we need to clarify what is included in the service we offer.
As you may know, we offer to load containers with 1,2, 3 or 4 vehicles. We include the loading of parts in the container to help you reduce shipping costs. It is your container and you are paying for the space inside.
However, when the nature of the cargo, the volume of items and the number of deliveries are greater than the service is geared for we have to charge for the additional time and effort to handle your vehicles and cargo. For this reason please be informed of the following charges may apply to you:
- After 10 dock receipts, or deliveries, there is a charge per delivery for additional handling. The charge for this service is $5.00 per dock receipt.
Note: Each vehicle counts as 1 delivery.
- Cargo loaded in the container, besides the vehicles, will be charged at $ 0.80/Cubic Foot for handling.
(items loaded in vehicles at time of delivery are not counted as part of this volume).
The higher of these 2 charges will apply on a per container basis. But both will not be charged at the same time.
*: Please deliver all items for your vehicle container in small to medium size boxes to make sure they can fit under the vehicles.
- We are not responsible for damage to parts that are delivered without proper export packaging. This applies to new and used parts, especially glass and body parts.
Note: Insurance is available for new parts shipped in your container.
- Vehicles received in a condition other than ‘roll and brake’ (e.g. stuck drive train or missing wheels, etc.) may incur additional handling charges depending on the additional time required to load them.
- Vehicles that arrive with excessive fluid leaks may incur cleanup charges depending on the severity of the condition.
Note: We presently put an absorbent pad under the vehicles that can absorb up 3/4 gallon of fluids to avoid problems with carrier/steamship line rejection of containers due to hazardous leaks!
Note: Vehicles purchased in the South Florida area that cannot remain at its origin till ready for loading will incur an $ 100.00 charge to be picked up and taken to the yard.
Note: After 30 days storage will start to accrue. This only applies to local vehicles and does not affect vehicles picked up beyond the South Florida area.
NOTE: Please also note that any vehicle delivery to our facilities has to be by appointment!
IMPORTANT: We do not have vehicle storage at our loading facility and vehicles received here have to be coordinated and ready to be loaded right away.
Most of our customers will not be affected by these new terms and most of them can be easily avoided to prevent any increase to your vehicle loading charges.
We are honored to have you as our customers and thank you for your attention..